Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Things God is teaching me these days...

1. For his guidance, direction, blessings, and oddly enough conviction to be present in my life I must consume myself in his word. I do not study his word as much as I should, but I have been better about it lately and it has made all the difference.

"The entrance and unfolding of Your words give light; their unfolding gives understanding (discernment and comprehension) to the simple." Psalm 119: 130

2. To be patient. To not worry. These are easier said than done. Waiting on phone calls about jobs is rough. I sit here in my head and think the worst. They don't want to hire me, gah I'm never going to get a job, when maybe they are just going to call me tomorrow, and I need to stop stressing. Like I said this is really hard, and even though I feel like God is telling me not to worry about it, I still do. But all this goes back to point 1, I need to surround myself in his word because the peace and understanding is found there. Actually I feel like God is pounding these things in my head right now as I write this blog, because I had no intentions of writing a blog this morning, maybe God just wanted me to have to stare at it instead of pushing it aside.

Be evident in my life O God. Draw me near to you and let your word speak to me. May I not push aside the importance of spending time with you daily anymore, and may that time bring peace and understanding that I can't find anywhere else but with you.

No comments: